Try this dressed-up version of stuffed potato skins for a great side dish that no one will ever guess is light! Janet Steiger - Bucyrus, Ohio
- 6 small red potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 center-cut bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- With the bottom of a glass, flatten potatoes to 1/2-in. thickness. In the same skillet coated with cooking spray, cook potatoes in dressing over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn potatoes; sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Smashers in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p41
Reviews for Potato Smashers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review