Potato Sloppy Joe Bake Recipe
Ruth Chiarenza created this speedy sensation while racing against the clock one day. "I needed a quick meal that was low on ingredients but high on taste, so I came up with this hearty casserole," explains the Cumberland, Maryland reader.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add sloppy joe sauce and soup. Place hash browns in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC