"These pretty biscuit-like wedges are very moist and flavorful," notes Judie Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming. "They're tasty slathered with butter, honey or jam...or use them as a base for creamed dishes," she suggests.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine potatoes, milk and
- egg; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Turn onto
- a floured surface; knead gently 10-12 minutes or until no longer
- sticky. Gently pat or roll dough into a 9-in. circle about 3/4 in.
- thick. Cut into 10-12 wedges. Separate wedges and place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.