Potato Scones Recipe
"These pretty biscuit-like wedges are very moist and flavorful," notes Judie Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming. "They're tasty slathered with butter, honey or jam...or use them as a base for creamed dishes," she suggests.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine potatoes, milk and egg; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10-12 minutes or until no longer sticky. Gently pat or roll dough into a 9-in. circle about 3/4 in. thick. Cut into 10-12 wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Potato Scones in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p47
Reviews for Potato Scones(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review