"I fix this comforting dish at least once a month," notes Patricia Ginn of Delphi, Indiana. "I've taken the hearty layered casserole to family reunions and always return with an empty slow cooker."
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; layer a third of each of the potatoes, sausage, onions and cheese soup. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour celery soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Add peas and cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Sausage Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p52
Reviews for Potato Sausage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review