Potato Sausage Supper
"I fix this comforting dish at least once a month," notes Patricia Ginn of Delphi, Indiana. "I've taken the hearty layered casserole to family reunions and always return with an empty slow cooker."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; layer a third of each of the
- potatoes, sausage, onions and cheese soup. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour celery soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or
- until the potatoes are tender. Add peas and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,226 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.