Potato Sausage Frittata
With sausage, bacon, eggs and potatoes, this frittata is a meal in one. I usually double the recipe and rarely have leftovers.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon
- over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper
- towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute potatoes and onion until tender. In a large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Return sausage and
- bacon to the skillet; top with egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are
- almost set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or
- until eggs are set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 518 calories, 40 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 468 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium,