With sausage, bacon, eggs and potatoes, this frittata is a meal in one. I usually double the recipe and rarely have leftovers.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute potatoes and onion until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Return sausage and bacon to the skillet; top with egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Sausage Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p158
Reviews for Potato Sausage Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review