- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
"I made this dish for my family last night and it was YUMMY!!!! I substituted beef sausage for pork sausage because my hubby doesn't eat pork. I added a little Italian seasoning as well. It was perfect!!!! The entire family loved it!"
"This recipe is outstanding. My family loves it. The only changes I made was substituting cream of broccoli soup since we don't like mushrooms and boiling the potato slices a little before adding them. It has become a family favorite!"
"Tried this recipe. Few changes.- Shredded my potatoes- Added extra cup of onion- Sauteed mushrooms and onions- Used Cream of Mushroom w/ Roasted Garlic. Probably won't make very often due to the high fat and caloric content. That being said, it was my first casserole making experience and it was freaking awesome."