The subtle spices in the pork sausage give this dish a distinctive flavor that my family has loved for years. Not only is this hearty casserole a great main dish on you dinner table, it reheats nicely.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Sausage Casserole in Reminisce March/April 1993, p49
Reviews for Potato Sausage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review