- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
This recipe is outstanding. My family loves it. The only changes I made was substituting cream of broccoli soup since we don't like mushrooms and boiling the potato slices a little before adding them. It has become a family favorite!
Tried this recipe. Few changes.- Shredded my potatoes- Added extra cup of onion- Sauteed mushrooms and onions- Used Cream of Mushroom w/ Roasted Garlic. Probably won't make very often due to the high fat and caloric content. That being said, it was my first casserole making experience and it was freaking awesome.
Yum I made this today I added onion powder and layered the cheese and the sausage i used hot sausage instead of plain gave it an extra taste all in all it was pretty good my first time making it. I will be making it again
I was a little hesitant at first making this recipe but my family LOVED it!!!! My husband actually said he could eat it every night of the week. I did have to make slight changes: I listened to other reviews and omitted the salt and since I didn't have cream of mushroom soup I substituted Franco American pork gravy, used scallions instead of regular onions, and added minced garlic. It was also a super easy prep meal - I will absolutely make this recipe again!!