- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Sausage Casserole
"Very good! Made to recipe using a hot pork sausage. The sauce toned down the spiciness giving it a flavorful but tasty flavor. Can't comment on leftovers as there were none! Everyone commented on how good it was."
"My boys love it!"
"Very Good! Easy to make!"
"This was a big hit for my family. I did not have onion so I used one half envelope of Lipton onion soup mix. It was really good"
"This was REALLY good and my family LOVED it. I did increase the temp to 400 but still baked for an hour. Next time I'll add cheese to the sausage mix. Thanks for this one!"