- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Sausage Casserole
"Very tasty dish my husband and I really enjoyed! I took the lazy route and used two cans of sliced potatoes. (Cooked 45 minutes @ 375 degrees.) I didn't have Cream of Mushroom soup in the pantry, so used Cream of Chicken soup instead. I added a can of mushrooms over the baked casserole before adding the cheese. Yummy! Very easy to make and this casserole will be made often! Thanks for sharing!"
"Very good! Made to recipe using a hot pork sausage. The sauce toned down the spiciness giving it a flavorful but tasty flavor. Can't comment on leftovers as there were none! Everyone commented on how good it was."
"My boys love it!"
"Very Good! Easy to make!"
"This was a big hit for my family. I did not have onion so I used one half envelope of Lipton onion soup mix. It was really good"