Potato Salmon Casserole
I like to experiment with cooking new things, which is how I came up with this tasty dish. It's a great way to work salmon into your menu.Laura Varney, Batavia, Ohio
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with peas;
- spread with mayonnaise. Top with salmon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine cornflake crumbs
- and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 614 calories, 42 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.