I like to experiment with cooking new things, which is how I came up with this tasty dish. It's a great way to work salmon into your menu.—Laura Varney, Batavia, Ohio
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with peas; spread with mayonnaise. Top with salmon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Salmon Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p113
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potato Salmon Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2015
"very easy to make, tasted excellent!"