Potato Salad Recipe
I made this potato salad recipe when I worked in a small hospital. It was served in the cafeteria and to patients that were on diabetic, AHA and regular diets. —Dorothy Bayes, Sardis, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion and relish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Top with eggs and sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC