Potato Salad with Sour Cream Recipe
I'm a big fan of potato salad but don't really care for heavy mayonnaise dressings. A sour cream dressing turns a classic recipe into a dish my family and I really enjoy.
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Remove egg yolks from whites. Chop whites and add to potato mixture; toss lightly.
- 2. Mash yolks with sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed if desired. Fold in potato mixture. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 263 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Salad with Sour Cream
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC