- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) cucumber ranch salad dressing
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill and salt. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and salad dressing until blended. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 36 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Potato Salad with Cucumbers
Sort By :
My husband and I absolutely loved this potato salad. I couldn't find the cucumber dressing, but found Kraft dill dressing and used it instead of the dressing called for and I skipped the dill. Added 2 chopped eggs and added red onions chopped. It was delicious!!!!
This is one of the best potato salads that I have ever tasted. I made it for a goodbye party at work and everyone loved it.
Absolutely the BEST potato salad I've ever made or eaten. The dill gives it that extra twang that's savored after every bite.
I down-sized the salad to make 10 servings and added 2 chopped hard cooked eggs, pureed cucumber to the salad dressing mixture and chopped cucumber to the potato mixture. I also garnished the salad with Paprika.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Red Potato Salad Recipes >