- 3 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 11 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Cut eggs in half; chop egg whites and set aside. In a small bowl, mash egg yolks. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, egg whites, celery, onions and Italian dressing. Fold in mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Potato Salad with Bacon
"Everyone enjoyed this salad- even me. (I don't like traditional potato salad.) I made it as directed, but I was careful at the end and didn't use all of the potatoes so that it had enough sauce. The green onions were mild and added freshness. Delicious!Update: I have made this several times since I reviewed it. Another trick I learned is to add the Italian dressing to the warm potatoes. It really adds flavor."
"I have been looking for a great potato salad with awesome flavor and I think this one is it. I used fat free sour cream and turkey bacon to lighten it a bit and it still was wonderful. Great recipe!"
"Wonderful flavor!! Everyone who tried this wanted another helping. This has been added to my "keeper" recipe box."
"Excellent salad! However, I prepare it w/yogurt instead of sour cream, and fresh garlic and Dijon mustard."
"salad really good, but I would use 3-1/2 to 4 lbs. of potatoes. I would also use 5 eggs, using one sliced with the center in for garnish, and a little sprinkle of all purpose seasoning. I also boil the eggs along with the potatoes, it saves time."