—Stephanie Sheridan, Plainfield, Vermont
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Parsley sprigs, optional
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place potatoes in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Peel two potatoes; finely dice and place in a small bowl. Cut the remaining potatoes in half. With a melon baller, scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell; set shells aside. Dice pulp and add to the bowl. Stir in the olives, parsley and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper; gently stir into potato mixture.
- Sprinkle potato shells with salt; stuff with potato salad. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Potato Salad Bites in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p39
Reviews for Potato Salad Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review