Potato Rosettes Recipe
"When I make these attractive mashed potato rosettes. I usually double or triple the recipe so I have more to freeze," reports Florence Arbes from Courtland, Minnesota. "It's easy to pull out only as many portions as I need for myself or for company."
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; mash potatoes. Beat in the cheese, egg, onion, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry bag or heavy-duty plastic bag. Insert large star tip #409. Fill bag with potato mixture. Pipe potatoes into eight mounds on a greased baking sheet. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- 3. To use frozen potatoes: Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 6 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC