Potato Roast Beef Salad
I love to collect old cookbooks and found this wonderful recipe in one of them.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 3 medium red potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- On a large serving platter, arrange the roast beef, potatoes and
- onion. Sprinkle with the cucumber, olives, chives, parsley and 1/4
- teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, dill, salt and remaining pepper.
- Pour over salad just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 278 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.