Potato Pumpkin Mash Recipe
- 8 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup 2% milk, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Place pumpkin in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potatoes in another saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, adding 1/4 cup milk, 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl; keep warm.
- 4. Drain pumpkin; return to pan. Mash pumpkin, gradually adding the remaining butter and salt and enough remaining milk to reach desired consistency; spoon evenly over potatoes. Cut through mashed vegetables with a spoon or knife to swirl. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Pumpkin Mash
"So yummy and beautiful to look at."
"I think I would use sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin for the color and taste...just my way."
"Beautiful presentation just makes you want to dig in!!"
"@Sybilalaine: Good for you on your sensible eating & weight loss, and Congratulations! - I'll bet you're so happy with your success :-) I've noticed the lack of info on several recipes. I also just wrote an "I won't make it" review - on their "Trick-or-Treat Pizza". Just the sight & thought made me gag. This one, however, does look healthy; one must just do her own research, I reckon ;-p"
"Won't make the frst time, WHY? No nutritional information. On my own I lost 70 lbs. in three years by knowing what I was eating it folks that don't give calories a thought that makes them too fat!!"