Potato Puff Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, basil and pepper. Gradually stir into mashed potatoes. Fold in 1 cup cheese. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 225 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Potato Puff
"Very nice, light potatoes."
"It's pretty and great taste! I made this for our new year family dinner as a side and everyone loved it."
"This is so pretty! My family loves it. It will collapse gradually; but don't worry, it will taste just as good. Besides that, it's usually gone right after it gets to the table."