This wonderfully rich potato casserole complements a variety of main courses. I've shared the recipe with so many people, I can almost recite it by heart!
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, basil and pepper. Gradually stir into mashed potatoes. Fold in 1 cup cheese. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Puff in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p63
Reviews for Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review