Potato Puff Casserole Recipe
You'd never guess that leftover mashed potatoes are the main ingredient in this delightful casserole. "I've served this elegant side dish to company," writes Sharon Skildum of Maple Grove, Minnesota. "It's so moist and light it always brings compliments."
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the milk, mustard, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potatoes. Stir in egg yolks until blended. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into potato mixture. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 217 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Potato Puff Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC