Potato Puff Casserole Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the milk, mustard, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potatoes. Stir in egg yolks until blended. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into potato mixture. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Puff Casserole
"This sounds like a wonderful recipe to take to a potluck luncheon/dinner. I'll try it next month when I go to the potluck luncheon group to which I belong!"