- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the milk, mustard, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potatoes. Stir in egg yolks until blended. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese if desired.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into potato mixture. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Puff Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p35
Reviews for Potato Puff Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review