Potato Pork Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork in butter on both sides over medium heat. Remove and keep warm. Set aside 1/4 cup of broth. In the same skillet, add the potatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the mushrooms, onions and pork. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the flour and reserved broth until smooth. Gradually stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 266 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 828 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.