Potato Pockets Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1. Divide the potatoes, carrots and onion equally among four pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with butter; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Bring opposite short ends of foil together over vegetables and fold down several times. Fold unsealed ends toward vegetables and crimp tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill. Open foil and sprinkle with cheese; reseal Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and low-fat cheddar cheese and without salt) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 238 calories, 92 mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol, 33 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 9 gm fat.