Our young sons like to help me assemble potatoes, carrots and onions into foil packages that we can grill alongside the turkey. Just before serving, we top the steaming medley of vegetables with a sprinkling of cheese. — Denise Nebel, Wayland, Iowa
- 4 medium potatoes, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Divide the potatoes, carrots and onion equally among four pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with butter; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Bring opposite short ends of foil together over vegetables and fold down several times. Fold unsealed ends toward vegetables and crimp tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill. Open foil and sprinkle with cheese; reseal Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Pockets in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p31
Reviews for Potato Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review