- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, soup, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes. Stir in the potatoes, pepperoni and beef mixture.
- Transfer half of the meat mixture to a 5-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Potato Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"Just tried this recipe for the first time. It was good. Next time I will use a pound of burger and a pound of sausage as there didn't seem to be enough meat I will also add more pepperoni."
"I wasn't sure how the potatoes would add to this dish but even my picker eater ate this one up. So easy to prepare too!"
"Everyone in my house ate it! In fact there was enough left over to include it in my leftover night! I was told by my family that was a dish they would like to eat again and it was sooo simple to make and clean up was a breeze!"
"My entire family loved it! My husband and children requested more pepperoni next time. We will be adding this to our favorites list."
"Just tried this tonight. It was very easy and quick to put together. Thought it was tasty - something totally different!!! Would make again - the only change i made was i didn't use mushrooms - we don't care for them... Also made some garlic bread to go with it!"