Potato Pepperoni Dish Recipe
"Here's to another way to get that popular pizza taste into an everyday menu," reports Marlene Muckenhirn from Delano, Minnesota. "The potatoes cook up quickly when thinly sliced-and are nicely flavored by the tomato sauce and pepperoni."
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- In a 12 in. nonstick skillet, melt butter; remove from the heat. Arrange potatoes on the bottom and up the sides of skillet; sprinkle with onion, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; layer with half of the tomato sauce, all of the pepperoni and tomatoes, and the remaining tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Pepperoni Dish in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p59
Reviews for Potato Pepperoni Dish(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review