We grew our own potatoes on the small farm in New Hampshire where I was raised. These pancakes are very good served with any pork dish.
- 3 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Applesauce or maple syrup, optional
- In a sieve or colander, drain potatoes, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add onion and reserved potatoes; toss to coat.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated greased skillet. Fry in batches until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 (2-inch) pancakes.
Originally published as Potato Pancakes in Country December/January 1993, p51
Reviews for Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review