Potato Pancakes with Corn Recipe
This is a perfect way to use up leftover mashed potatoes and make a wonderful dish. They are a great main or side dish.—Carolyn Wilson, Lyndon, Kansas
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: about 1 dozen.
2 pancakes equals 160 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Potato Pancakes with Corn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC