Potato Pancakes For Two
Years ago, my grandson requested a special dish to be included in his class cookbook, and this is the recipe I gave him. It was his favorite whenever he ate at our house, so he was delighted.
I often still serve it as a side dish - it's a good complement to any entree.
-Ede Righetti, Hayward, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes, shred and rinse in cold water. Drain thoroughly;
- place in a bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and garlic salt; mix well.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Pour batter by
- 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry for 5-6 minutes on each side or until
- potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown. Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.