Potato Pancakes For Two Recipe
Years ago, my grandson requested a special dish to be included in his class cookbook, and this is the recipe I gave him. It was his favorite whenever he ate at our house, so he was delighted. I often still serve it as a side dish - it's a good complement to any entree. -Ede Righetti, Hayward, California
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes, shred and rinse in cold water. Drain thoroughly; place in a bowl. Add egg, flour, salt and garlic salt; mix well.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry for 5-6 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Pancakes For Two in Reminisce July/August 1997, p45
Reviews for Potato Pancakes For Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2012
good crunch, soft center,starchy potato taste ,used red skin potatoes will try russet next time, maybe add a little grated onion
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >