Potato Pan Rolls Recipe
My family loves these rolls, which is why they're requested often. They don't take long to make because quick-rise yeast is used.
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- Additional all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in mashed potatoes and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in two greased 8-in. or 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle tops of rolls with additional flour. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 roll equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Pan Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC