- 8 medium potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Cook potatoes; peel and slice 1/4 in. thick. Set aside. Place onions, water and bouillon in a saucepan; bring to a boil, then simmer 5-7 minutes or until onions are tender. Drain and set aside. Combine cheese and sour cream.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, onions and cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Combine crumbs and butter; top potato mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with minced fresh parsley and several onion rings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato Onion Supreme
Sort By :
"These were very good, and it made a lot. I cooked the potatoes a little too long before adding them to the dish, so they were a little mushy. Don't be afraid to use a lot of onion. They cook down quite a bit."
"The flavor is amazing. And they are just as good, if not better, the next day! Definitely try this recipe!!!"
"I used this recipe along with some barbeque ribs and a toss salad for a special birthday party. The casserole got rave review. Thanks"