"Even folks who don't care for eggs will like this dish since the great taste of potatoes, onions and garlic comes through," assures Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium-high heat for
- 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the
- onions, parsley and garlic; cook until tender. Reduce heat to
- medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour over
- potato mixture; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until completely
- set. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and bacon if desired.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 200 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.