Potato Omelet Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- 1. In a 12-in. skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the onions, parsley and garlic; cook until tender. Reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until completely set. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and bacon if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 200 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Potato Omelet
"A friend from Argentina made a very similar dish as an appetizer. She served it with tomato/pepper salsa and called it 'tortilla'. I always wished I had asked her for the recipe. I was browsing ToH one time and ran across this omelet that sounded so much like my friend's dish that I had to try it. It may not be identical to hers, but it tastes as near to it as I can remember. I've made it many times since for both breakfast and as a party appetizer -- it's good room temperature and even cold!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.