"Even folks who don't care for eggs will like this dish since the great taste of potatoes, onions and garlic comes through," assures Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the onions, parsley and garlic; cook until tender. Reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until completely set. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and bacon if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Omelet in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review