"My husband developed this quick meal after taking stock of the leftovers in our fridge," says Nancy Harris of Prince George, British Columbia. "This hearty omelet is a weekend favorite, because there always seems to be that one leftover potato from Friday's dinner."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cooked medium red potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, saute potato, broccoli, onion, tomato and dill in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender; keep warm. In a bowl, beat the eggs,
- water, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter; add egg mixture. As the eggs
- set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs
- are completely set, remove skillet from the heat. Spoon vegetable
- mixture and cheese over half of the eggs; fold in half. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.