Potato Nests with Peas Recipe
I SERVE potatoes with just about every meal. Besides using this recipe as a side dish, I discovered I could serve it as a main dish for a lighter meal. It satisfies the appetite well, especially for us older folks. A dear friend shared this recipe with me several years ago. -Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash dill weed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas, drained
- 1. In a bowl, combine potatoes and egg yolk; mix well. Stir in the cheese.
- 2. Spoon two mounds onto a greased baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, shape each mound into a 4-in. nest. Sprinkle with dill; dot with butter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Fill nest with peas. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Nests with Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC