Potato Nests with Peas Recipe
I SERVE potatoes with just about every meal. Besides using this recipe as a side dish, I discovered I could serve it as a main dish for a lighter meal. It satisfies the appetite well, especially for us older folks. A dear friend shared this recipe with me several years ago. -Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash dill weed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas, drained
- In a bowl, combine potatoes and egg yolk; mix well. Stir in the cheese.
- Spoon two mounds onto a greased baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, shape each mound into a 4-in. nest. Sprinkle with dill; dot with butter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Fill nest with peas. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Nests with Peas in Reminisce Extra February 1999, p47
Reviews for Potato Nests with Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review