I love getting nachos at sporting events so I wanted to create a recipe like them. This is the result of my experiments and my family loves it!—Deb Helmer, Winfield, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Scrub potato and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Arrange slices in a single
- layer on a greased broiler pan; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from
- the heat until golden brown. Turn potatoes; broil until tender.
- Drizzle with taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese
- and olives. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Microwave Method: Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a
- microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with half of the
- taco sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until
- tender, rotating plate once. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce;
- sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Cover and
- cook for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 snack
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,382 mg sodium,