- 1 large baking potato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Scrub potato and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased broiler pan; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown. Turn potatoes; broil until tender. Drizzle with taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Microwave Method: Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with half of the taco sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until tender, rotating plate once. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Cover and cook for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 snack servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Potato Nachos
Sort By :
"What's not to like? Potatos, in any form, GREAT!...Nachos. Well, Yo no puedo tener suficiente!!I made this recipe exatly as written and the result was very good.I made a 2nd batch with a couple of personal changes.First, I quadrupled the recipe. Next, I nixed the taco sauce. Instead, when they came out of the oven, I sprinkled my own homemade "hot" salsa on them.Since I like "fire in my mexican dishes, I used diced Jalapeno AND Habanero peppers in place of the green chilies.Oh yeah, one other thing....on top of the potatos, I put some finely cubed tomatoes!Don't get me wrong. No matter how you make these "Nachos" they are delicious!!"