I love getting nachos at sporting events so I wanted to create a recipe like them. This is the result of my experiments and my family loves it!—Deb Helmer, Winfield, Kansas
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Scrub potato and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased broiler pan; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown. Turn potatoes; broil until tender. Drizzle with taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Microwave Method: Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with half of the taco sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until tender, rotating plate once. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Cover and cook for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 snack servings.
Originally published as Potato Nachos in Country Woman September/October 1990, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Potato Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review