Potato Mushrooms Recipe
From her home in Golden Meadow, Louisiana, Linda Bernard jazzes up sliced potatoes with mushrooms, onions, canned soup and cheese to create this versatile side dish. With its comforting flavor, it's a nice accompaniment to most meats.
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter. Repeat layers. Pour soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 249 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC