From her home in Golden Meadow, Louisiana, Linda Bernard jazzes up sliced potatoes with mushrooms, onions, canned soup and cheese to create this versatile side dish. With its comforting flavor, it's a nice accompaniment to most meats.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic,
- green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter. Repeat
- layers. Pour soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle with cheese during the last
- 30 minutes of cooking time. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 249 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.