From her home in Golden Meadow, Louisiana, Linda Bernard jazzes up sliced potatoes with mushrooms, onions, canned soup and cheese to create this versatile side dish. With its comforting flavor, it's a nice accompaniment to most meats.
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter. Repeat layers. Pour soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p43
Reviews for Potato Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review