Potato Muffins Recipe
Come in from the cold to enjoy this moist parsley-fleck muffins. They're comforting and delicious with a steaming bowl of soup, a savory stew or a favorite casserole. —Marlene Loecke, Des Moines, Iowa
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in potatoes and parsley. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 107 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC