- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in spinach and the peas and carrots; cook 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Potato Minestrone
"It was easy but we didn't care for the flavor"
"This soup is fantastic! Even my veggie-phobic fiance enjoyed it! I had a bag of fresh Idaho potatoes on hand so I peeled and diced three small ones into hash brown sized cubes; they cooked nicely during the 8 hours in the crock pot. I also used fresh baby carrots cut into small pieces and let them cook for the whole 8 hours. They cooked very well, too! This recipe is a keeper!"