Potato Meat Loaf
We're a family of meat-and-potato lovers—and the spuds in this loaf add extra goodness and a more pleasing texture than plain meat. Try it yourself and see if you don't agree!—Sandra Fenn, Quincy, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- Peel and grate potatoes; rinse and drain. in a large bowl, combine
- potatoes, egg, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, pepper and garlic
- powder. Add ground beef and mix well. Pat meat mixture into an 8-in.
- x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350°for 1 hour or until no pink
- remains. Drain. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now