Potato Leek Soup
"I always like to try new and different things," says Terri Day of Rochester, Washington. "So I added a package of leek soup mix to my potato soup, and my family loved it. It was even a hit with my picky teenagers."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1.8 ounces) leek soup and dip mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the milk, potato flakes and
- soup mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.