These thin onion and potato pancakes make a tasty accompaniment to any meal. The key to their crispiness is draining all the liquid from the grated potatoes and onion before frying. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Coarsely grate potatoes and onion; drain any liquid. Place in a bowl;
- add green onions, egg, salt and pepper.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter
- by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form patties. Fry
- until golden brown; turn and cook the other side. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve with applesauce. Yield: 2 dozen.